To date, the construction market has the widest selection of materials for wall decoration. Among a large variety of different wallpapers, you can choose plastic materials for an original and unique design, one of these is liquid wallpaper. At the same time, you can install roller shutters on the windows, especially since even installing a roller shutter in the toilet does not cause difficulties for professionals . It is about such interesting wallpapers that we will tell in our article.
In our last article about liquid wallpaper, we already said that they are very similar to small sawdust, although in fact they are a dry mixture of wallpaper materials that are impregnated with glue. After you applied them to the wall and they dried, the wallpaper in its texture resembles a very hard and fine foam.
To date, there are several types of such wallpaper, the main difference of which is the thickness of the finished layer and the structure of the fibers. Thin liquid wallpaper has a surface layer of two to three millimeters. Thicker options that look like canvas or fabric have a thickness of four to five millimeters.
However, there is one significant drawback in liquid wallpaper – they are washed off very quickly with ordinary water. On the one hand, this is quite convenient if you need to remove them, but very impractical in daily use. Although, if desired, such a disadvantage can be eliminated by applying a special colorless protective varnish to them. Your walls will remain beautiful and, if desired, you can wipe them with a wet cloth, however, in this case, the walls will stop “breathing”. How to act is up to you.
How to apply liquid wallpaper on surfaces and walls
To apply wallpaper you will need:
– The container in which you will dilute the mixture;
– Spatula or roller;
– Special roller;
– Protective colorless varnish.
Stages of pasting liquid wallpaper:
one. The surface or walls for liquid wallpaper must be properly prepared. To do this, it is best to use an oil putty or alkyd primer.
2. Mix liquid wallpaper mixture with plain warm water. After mixing, the solution should stand for about 10-15 minutes. If necessary, you can add dye to the mixture and stir again.
3. Using a spatula or hand, apply a little mixture to the wall, then roll it out with a roller. Do the same for the next row. Make sure that the surface remains flat, and that there are no protrusions and voids between the rolled areas.
four. If you have something that went wrong, then you can moisten the wallpaper with water and remove the wallpaper from the wall, and then apply the mixture again. So you can repeat from one to three times, the main thing is not to wash off the glue base, as you can ruin the wallpaper and it will stop sticking.
5. To create a picture on the wallpaper, you can use a knurling roller.
6. After applying the wallpaper to the surface, they must dry, this can take from 12 hours to three days, depending on the humidity and temperature in the room. After they are completely dry, the wallpaper can be coated with a protective varnish.
We offer a video on applying liquid wallpaper.